Water-washable FlatTop plate delivers high quality, consistency and improved ink laydown
Tokyo, Japan & Brussels, Belgium, August 31, 2021. Asahi Photoproducts, a pioneer in flexographic photopolymer plate development, today reported it will be exhibiting at the upcoming Fachpack event. At the show, which is scheduled for 28-30 September in Nürnberg, Germany, Asahi will be located in Stand 7A307 and will present the European debut of its new AWP™ CleanFlat FlatTop out-of-the-box water-washable flexo plate with CleanPrint technology, and display its full range of CleanPrint plates. The company looks forward to this opportunity to explain to attendees how these plates not only deliver flexo printing in harmony with the environment, but also deliver improved quality and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Asahi CleanPrint plates are available for a wide range of applications and substrates and have been specifically developed by our chemical engineers to transfer the remaining ink to the printed substrate, reducing press stops for plate cleaning while delivering exceptional consistent quality throughout the entire run.
“We are excited to be attending our first in-person event in Europe since the start of the pandemic, and are looking forward to presenting our line of CleanPrint plates, especially the AWP™ CleanFlat water-washable FlatTop plate that will make its European debut at the show,” said Philip Mattelaer, Head of Sales. “Increasingly, flexographic printing operations are looking for more sustainable platemaking processes as focus increases on reducing their carbon footprint. Asahi’s line of CleanPrint plates ticks all the boxes in this regard.”
The Asahi AWP™ CleanFlat FlatTop plate with CleanPrint technology is used out of the box with no special workflow or equipment required. CleanFlat plates are compatible with standard workflows including UV bank light tubes, UV LED or FULL HD exposure systems as well as modern microcell screening technologies to ensure the highest level of quality and consistency throughout the print run.
Other Asahi CleanPrint plates on display at the show included:
- AWP™-DEW, ideal for the highest quality flexo applications, including flexible packaging and labels. Designed to move away from VOC washout solvent-based plate processing, offering a cleaner alternative to the flexo industry.
- AFP™-BFTK, a high-quality solvent wash FlatTop plate solution with best-in-class printing press consistency. These plates deliver improved ink laydown on wide web flexible packaging film, paper and label substrates in combination with solid screening patterns and keep highlight dots at perfect quality.
- AFP™-Leggero, super soft plates specifically designed for printing with minimal kiss-touch pressure on corrugated transport boxes, delivering minimal washboarding and good ink coverage for the utmost in quality while eliminating board crush to better protect the packaged goods.
- AFP™-TOP, a premium hard digital flexo plate that delivers a broad colour gamut and soft tonal shades fading out to zero. Kiss-touch printing pressure facilitates repeatable print quality and fewer cleaning press stops. Compatible with high-definition screening and microcell patterning technologies.
- AFP™-TSP, the perfect plate for sticky inks and for products like pet food packaging. It is the perfect plate solution for most sticky ink binder formulations, allowing fewer press cleaning stops and consistent print quality.
- AFP™-APC/TPC are digital and analogue plates developed for the high-quality corrugated board display and signage printing market where image quality matters. On double flute coated liner board, the plate delivers with its CleanPrint technology exceptional image printing performance with minimal dot gain flute marking.
For more information about other flexographic solutions from Asahi Photoproducts that are in harmony with the environment, visit www.asahi-photoproducts.com.
NOTE TO JOURNALISTS: To schedule a one-on-one interview with an Asahi executive either before or during the show, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.